Thursday, August 20, 2009

The finished quilt

When we left for the beach, the quilt looked like this - quilted and binding machine-attached to the front and waiting to be hand-stitched to the back.After a lot of this (thanks Dad for the picture!)...The quilt now looks like this! We dropped it off at the post office on the way home from the beach, and my brother should have gotten it yesterday when he flew out to Utah for the start of his freshman year. It's only the fourth quilt I've ever made, and given it's size and the orneriness of my sewing machine, I'm pretty pleased with the final product. I think Mike is too. I'm already mulling over the next quilt, which will be much smaller and have less royal blue :)

7 comments:

UnkaDave said...

Very cool! Nice work, and again, I won't charge the usual royalty fee on the photograph, because you're my child.

krisleif said...

You did an amazing job! I'm sure your brother will love it! I'm feeling a red quilt for your Utah fan who lives with you!;) thanks for posting a picture, what an accomplishment!

Laura said...

I am SO impressed. I have only made one twin sized quilt, ever. And my sewing machine is much less cranky.

It looks beautiful!

Heidi said...

I just love this! I love this talent of yours and love that your brother will have that quilt forever, it will follow him to BYU and then someday he and his wife will use it and then his children will snuggle in it,,,,all because of YOU!! That is the beauty of your talent and I LOVE IT!!! Happy quilt dreaming today!

PaulaJean said...

Mike will have it forever. Just this morning, I was looking at the almost worn-out quilt Grandma made when I went off to college 35 years ago and wondering what to do with it. You may have to toss it after I die. :-)

Jennie said...

It looks really good. I bet your brother will really enjoy it. Quilts are such nice gifts I think.

Becky and the Boys said...

Fabulous quilt! My kids love the aquarium, too.