Saturday, August 8, 2009

The quilt is all quilted, the binding is sewn on the front, and all that remains is to hand-stitch the binding to the back. Yea! And Mike gets to see the almost finished product tonight. Hopefully he approves. Even if he doesn't, it's still his.

Why does Mike get to see it tonight? Well, it's that time of year again - my family beach week! We've been going to the beach every summer since 1982, and we're leaving as soon as the kids wake up from their naps. Nathan has been wearing his "swimming soups" since he woke up yesterday morning and can't wait to go splashing in the waves and play with his dump truck in the sand. Emily can't wait to eat sand. Chad can't wait for a few days off of work. And I can't wait to just go play at the beach with all my favorite people :) See you next week, and I promise pictures when we return!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures. I hope you are having a good time!

Heidi said...

Can't wait to see the pictures - I LOVE this tradition you guys have and was super sad to have missed playgroup there - sad for me!!!! We missed you around here!! I always look forward to what we will be treated to in Sunday School!!