Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tallen's Quilt

A little over a year ago, I made this quilt for a newly-arrived friend's newborn daughter. Well, last spring, she and her husband found out a surprise was on its way - another baby! When I told her that I was going to make her a quilt for this baby, she immediately put in a request for this quilt. Since figuring out patterns and fabric is a huge chunk of the work for me when making baby quilts, she made my life a little easier. So, here's the new quilt!I love the colors in this quilt - the blues and greens are a little funky.I also love that with all the geometric shapes, colors, and animals, this is definitely a boy's quilt.In fact, I love it so much that when I cut out the fabric for this quilt, I went ahead and cut enough to make another one for our new little one!Thanks for visiting, and enjoy looking at all the other lovely quilts at the Blogger's Quilt Festival!
Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival
Also, go check out all the other finishes this week at Sew and Tell Friday!

16 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

This is a great quilt. I love the pattern and the colors.

BJ said...

Love it. I have that little animal print in the peachy colors and I'm looking forward to using it soon. I like the way you have treated it in your quilt. Nice job. Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

great quilt, what a cutie too!!!

Quiltbenaco said...

Hai giocato bene con i colori, sono in armonia
Ciao Domenica!

Paulette said...

Perfect quilt for a little baby boy! Love the geometric shapes and the animals, and you can never go wrong with blue and green, IMO.

Tiffany said...

Very nice!

Leslie said...

this quilt is so so cute...i love that line of zoo animal fabric

Manda said...

Fab quilt! Just right for a boy!

Kara Forristall said...

Oh cute! I have lots of that Alexander Henry fabric in my stash, I may need to use yours for inspiration, I love it!

Delilah said...

Oh my gosh..your little guy is so cute! I loved looking at the amazing quilt and then to see the pix of your baby was a delight! Thanks for sharing.

trish said...

Adorable!! :o) That is such a cute quilt! And what a little cutie!!
I hope you are having a nice weekend.
Sincerely - Trish

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

I love it! Love the blues and greens!

amylouwhosews said...

oh yes, I Love it too! I'm making a twin size one similar to this for Andrew.

Thanks for linking up! and for dinner ;)

Dayna said...

This really turned out great! Blue/Green is one of my favorite color combinations. It's so sweet that your friend's babies are so close in age. Our children are somewhat close, and they're all best friends!

Karen said...

This is a sweet little quilt. Lovely colour and design.
A great gift!

simonepatch said...

Ficou lindo.Adorei as cores.Um abraço.

simone/poa


www.simonert.blogspot.com