Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Abigail's quilt

My sister-in-law Jennie and her husband Josh had a baby girl named Abigail on August 1st. I decided to play around with half-square triangles for her quilt. Those buggers are a beast. It took almost two days after completing the squares to figure out what to do with them. I tried out I can't remember how many different layouts before finally settling on this one. And since I'm a little bit of a lazy quilter and don't iron my seams open, the corners where all the triangle points converge are fairly unwieldy. Lessons learned. I do like how the diagonal, horizontal, and vertical quilting came out, though. At least that was a success. Jennie seemed happy with the quilt, and in the end, I'm happy with how it turned out as well. And I have now learned my lesson about triangles and pressing seams :)

3 comments:

PaulaJean said...

At least you know how to use an iron! Very nice, as usual.

Jennie said...

Well for all the trouble you went through, Abbie sure appreciates it and so do I. It is her favorite blanket. If I put that one on her at night we get 6 hours in between feedings. So I thank you and so does she. We love it!!!

Laura said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I'm impressed that you used triangles!